Tuesday, May 18, 2010

From "Sweet Pea" to "Under the Sea"

Lincoln has been in his toddler bed for quite some time, so obviously he hasn't been using his "Sweet Pea" crib bedding for awhile. I've just had a blanket on his bed. For his birthday, he's getting his room re-decorated (somewhat). I've said this many times before as I'm sure you've heard at some point that when I was pregnant, painting that nursery was a 'labor of love'. My mom (known as "NONIE" by her grandchildren) designed her own stencils for the dots on the wall, you'd laugh and what she used for the little dots, which I can't seem to find a picture of, but what she came up with was awesome! So, here's a recap, from "Sweet Pea" to "Under the Sea"...

Working on the big dot stencil...

Big dots in progress...

Big dots finished...

A then pregnant me, taking a rest...


My mom, myself, my Nana, and my sister Amy all had a hand in painting Lincoln's nursery and it turned out beautiful!!!

The "Sweet Pea" collection didn't have a crib mobile to match, so we got a Cyclone mobile that plays the fight song. :)



So, this brings me to the fact I still haven't mustered up the desire, or courage, to paint over it. :) I really wanted to find a bedding set that matched the color scheme, or atleast came close to it. The original toddler collection I had picked out was discontinued and I was yes, devastated, because I LOVED it. But, after searching and searching on the internet, I wasn't coming up with any bedding to buy from anywhere. So I had thought "damn you whoever discontinued the line or Target for not carrying it", until I spotted the "Under the Sea" collection at Target (which redeemed itself then). I love it just as much. :) It has the orange, green, and blue in it! Although darker and brighter than the shades on the wall, it blends really well.




So, for his birthday Aunt Mindy, Uncle Steve, and cousins Annabelle and Caleb bought the adorable lamp for the room and Nonie (my mom) got the awesome fishie beanbag!


These were a proud find of mine. The rug and trash can I actually found in the bathroom collections and they match the bedding stuff perfect!!

Ya know, that I think about it, Target had actually discontinued the "Sweet Pea" bedding before I had a chance to get all the pieces for it!!! I researched bedding for MANY months when I found out I was pregnant. I'm the type of person who has to see EVERY option available because if I come across something I didn't see and I love it, it eats and eats at me! So I have to see EVERYTHING before I choose one thing. In my defense, I'm not that way about everything, just some things that I consider 'major'. :) So I actually ended up finding the bedding at a boutique on EBAY. Really, in all honesty, I have a knack for picking things that end up discontinued and/or defective/damaged. Scott thinks I'm crazy for thinking that, but I could start a huge list of instances it's proved to be true! But I'll just give you one, it happened with the jewlery for my bridesmaids. I went back to the bridal shop to buy all of it and they discontinued the collection (I'd just found it the month before!), so we went through their old catalogs, called the manufacturer and found out they still had some in their warehouse! I was so happy I was able to order it!

So anyway back to the bedding, when I found the "Under the Sea" collection, I wasn't going to let it happen again and I snagged it up! :) Many may disagree, but I've learned my lesson that if I'm on a mission to find something and am narrowing the selection down, if there is a sufficient amount of time I'm able to return it, I will now get it at the time because I'd rather return it if I find something else rather than go back to get it and it be gone or no longer available. Seriously, it's happened MANY MANY times to me and crazy as it sounds, it then eats at me. Grrrrr.

Now, the biggest part, switching beds yet again. The new set is a twin bed, so Lincoln will soon be moving out of his toddler bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment