Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lincoln and "Monica"...

So Scott was emptying out our old entertainment center yesterday and inside was an old harmonica of mine. No, I have never played the harmonica, and frankly, I don't quite remember where I acquired one. Nonetheless, Scott gave it to Lincoln and said "here, go have Mommy show you." So Lincoln brought the harmonica over to me and I proceeded to blow into it and watched as my son's face lit up with a huge smile followed by an excited laugh! He then took the harmonica from me and blew into it, so excited he made music. Then he even more enjoyed the fact that he could blow into it or suck air from it and it still made music! Yes, I'm referring it to music instead of noise, because coming from Lincoln, it was music to our ears. :) He loves the harmonica, which he affectionately refers to as "MONICA". :) He even had to take 'Monica' to bed with him last night. (that just sounds awful saying that regarding my 2 1/2 year old, hahahaha). I told Scott we were probably going to be awakened to hearing him playing that over the baby monitor! So about midnight last night, Lincoln came into bed with me, (Scott was still awake researching TV's), and he had "Monica" with him. I was falling back asleep when I heard Lincoln give two puffs into that harmonica, to which I had to say, "no hunny, it's night night time." :) Today, we ventured up to Cedar Rapids to look at TV stands. While in the car Lincoln says "my Monica, where's my Monica"? Oops, we should've known better than to forget "Monica". Well when we got home this evening, he found his "Monica". Whew...

No comments:

Post a Comment