Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Eggs

At the beginning of the week, we decided to color our Easter eggs. Lincoln loved putting an egg into each of the 6 colors we had.

However, he didn't so much like having to wait for the eggs to color. Here's our six colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. :) In the photo you can see "Mr. The King" and "Mrs. The King" from the movie "CARS" had to be part of the festivities as well. :)

I had boiled a dozen to color, but one didn't make it to the color because Lincoln wanted to eat it. :) He actually ended up leaving 3 pieces of the egg white and put each piece into a colored container to be dyed! So we ended up with 3 pieces of colored egg white, it was hilarious, but grossed me out. In the picture you can see one piece in the red, one tiny piece in the blue, and another larger piece in the yellow.
The finished egg "whites".
The eggs turned out very pretty and I had this adorable cardboard bunny display stand. :)

Unfortunately, the beautiful colored egg display was short lived.
I was cleaning up the dishes when I heard a cracking sound. I looked over to see Lincoln banging together the eggs we just dyed! He had managed to crack all of them! So, Daddy sat down with Lincoln and had to peel all of our eggs. :(
I wonder if they'll survive longer next year, we'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment